Mathletics at Mount Barker South Primary School
Thank you to those parents who have had the opportunity to use and see their children using the Mathletics program at home and for the very positive response to the introduction of this program. The students have certainly really enjoyed using the program at school with a number of outstanding individual and class results already being obtained. Well done everyone we are really pleased to see and hear that the children are thoroughly enjoying utilising Mathletics as another means of improving their understanding of Numeracy skills.
The Mathletics Program
Mathletics is a web-based learning program, which integrates home and school learning via the internet. Mathletics covers Prep- Year 12 Australian Maths Curriculum and is currently used in over 4000 Australian schools, with more than 800,000 students accessing the Mathletics website every day.
The benefits of Mathletics include:
- Students are engaged and motivated to learn.
- Mathletics is adaptive, it responds to your child’s individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Students instantly know if they are on the right track and can work through the curriculum at their own pace.
- Animated support guides students through concepts. It is like having a maths tutor 24 hours a day.
- Live Mathletics fosters a stimulating and exciting on-line learning community.
- Creates the perfect link between home and school, results can flow seamlessly.
- Weekly parent emails allow you to monitor your child’s progress.
- Proven improvement results – please click on View improvement results the Mathletics website for a survey of 1.1 billion questions
- Teachers can view your child’s progress and adapt their work accordingly
Working at home
Children have 24 hour access to Mathletics through the use of a username and password. To gain the greatest understanding how Mathletics can benefit your child, we encourage parents to spend time looking at the program with their child. Please see the Guides link on the Mathletics website at the bottom of their home page.
The absolute golden rule of Mathletics is to do each activity 3 times! Why? Practice=Improvement!
- Use the incorrect answer to try and figure out the correct answer
- Go to the Support? it will teach you with different examples of the concept
- If you still don’t understand the concept write the activity topic in your book and ask the teacher
PLEASE NOTE - Students gain points by beating their personal best therefore it is very important for you or other family members NOT to use your child’s password as your child will then be disadvantaged, also teachers will see a reflection of your work and not your child’s - this makes it difficult for the teacher to assist your child in maths
To view Mathletics:
- Visit www.mathletics.com.au
- Ensure pop-ups are enabled for our website
- Select sign-in and enter your child’s details.